Our staff will advise you on your estimated discharge time. Please arrange for a relative or friend to accompany you either by private transport or taxi.
You must not go home on public transport or drive following your surgery. It is also important that you do not go home alone and that you have the assistance of a responsible adult overnight.
Recovering at Home
- Once you arrive home:
- You should rest for at least 12-24 hours.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle for 24 hours after surgery.
- Avoid operating complex or dangerous machinery, or doing anything that requires you to be alert and coordinated for 24 hours after surgery.
- A nurse will contact you the next day to check on your progress.
- Contact your doctor if you have any concerns.
We welcome compliments and feedback relating to your surgery. This can be done by completing a feedback survey or by writing a letter to our Director of Nursing at the applicable location. The Skin Hospital also conducts a patient focus group that meets twice a year. Please let reception know if you are interested in participating in this group.
If you have any concerns about your care we encourage you to resolve it at the time, whilst at the day surgery. Should you feel that the matter requires independent hearing, please write to:
The Commissioner Health Care Complaints Commission
Locked Mail Bag 18
STRAWBERRY HILLS NSW 2012