Provided below is a list detailing some of the many publications from our staff at the Skin and Cancer Foundation Australia.
- First interim analysis of a randomised trial of whole brain radiotherapy in melanoma brain metastases confirms high data quality. Fogarty GB, Hong A, Dolven-Jacobsen K, Reisse C, Burmeister B, Haydu L, Dhillon H, Steel V, Shivalingam B, Drummond K, Vardy J, Nowak A, Hruby G, Scolyer R, Mandel C, Thompson JF. BMC Research Notes 2015, May 8, 8:192
- Should patients with melanoma brain metastases receive adjuvant whole-brain radiotherapy? Gerald B Fogarty, Angela Hong, John F Thompson. The Lancet Oncology, Volume 16, Issue 5, May 2015, Pages e195-e196
- The role of the follicular isthmus in the evolution of keratoacanthoma. Kossard S. J Cutan Pathol 2015, Apr;42(4):299-300.
- Periorbital nodular fasciitis in Pregnancy – case report and literature review. Skippen B and Tumuluri K. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery; 2015 Feb 13.
- Necrotizing dacryometaplasia: a rare lacrimal lesion mimicking malignancy. Skippen B, Gal A and Tumuluri K. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2014 Dec 29. doi: 10.1111/ceo.12491.
- Apple of the dermatologist’s eye. Sebaratnam DF. JAMA Dermatology Dec 2014:150(12):1280.
- A diagnosis that will go down in history. Sebaratnam DF, Stewart NC, Venugopal SS. Medical Journal of Australia 2014:201(11); 697.
- Cutaneous adverse effects of hormonal adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Bock VL, Friedlander M Waring D, Kossard S, Wood GK. Australas J Dermatol 2014 Nov;55: 282-5.
- Diffuse melanosis cutis in the setting of BRAF (V600E)metastatic melanoma. Sebaratnam DF, Martin LK, Venugopal SS, Cheung K et al. Int J Dermatol 2014 Nov; 53:1409-11.
- Response regarding CLIPPERS. Kossard S, Smith A, Mathews Y et al. J Cutan Pathol. 2014 Sept; 41: 761.
- Neurotropic T-cell lymphocytosis: a cutaneous expression of CLIPPERS. Smith A, Matthews Y, Kossard S, Turner J, Buckland ME, Parratt J. J Cutan Pathol 2014 Aug; 41: 657-62.
- Accrual to a randomised trial of adjuvant whole brain radiotherapy for treatment of melanoma brain metastases is feasible. GB Fogarty, A Hong, K Dolven Jacobsen, CH Reisse, B Shivalingam, B Burmeister, LE Haydu, E Paton, JF Thompson. BMC Research Notes 2014 Jun 30, 7:412.
- Surveillance for treatment failure of lentigo maligna with dermoscopy and in vivo confocal microscopy: new descriptors. Guitera, P., L. E. Haydu, S. W. Menzies, R. A. Scolyer, A. Hong, G. B. Fogarty, F. Gallardo, and S. Segura. Br J Dermatol. 2014 Jun;170(6):1305-12.
- Mohs micrographic surgery for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP): A single-centre series of 76 patients treated by frozen-section Mohs micrographic surgery with a review of the literature Loghdey MS, Varma S, Rajpara SM, Al-Rawi H, Perks G, Perkins W. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014 Oct;67(10):1315-21. doi:10.1016/j.bjps.2014.05.021. Epub 2014 May 23.
- Low incidence of melanoma brain metastasis in the hippocampus. AM Hong, C Suoe, M Valenzuela, LE. Haydu, KD. Jacobsen, CH Reiss, G Fogarty. Rad Onc. 2014 Apr;111(1):59-62.
- Radiotherapy for lentigo maligna: a literature review and recommendations for treatment. Fogarty, G. B., A. Hong, R. A. Scolyer, E. Lin, L. Haydu, P. Guitera, and J. Thompson. British Journal of Dermatology, 2014 Jan: 170(1) 52-58.
- Symptomatic Histologically Proven Necrosis of Brain following Stereotactic Radiation and Ipilimumab in Six Lesions in Four Melanoma Patients. Stephanie Du Four, Angela Hong, Matthew Chan, et al., Case Reports in Oncological Medicine. 2014;2014:417913.
- Primary Orbital Liposarcoma. Madge SN, Tumuluri K, Strianese D, Bonavolonta P, Wilcsek G, Dodd TJ, Selva D. Ophthalmology 117(3):606-14, 2010 Mar.
- Mucinous sweat gland adenocarcinoma of the eyelid – Current knowledge of a rare tumour. Segal A, Segal N, Gal A and Tumuluri K. Orbit 29(6): 334-340, 2010.
- Brain Metastases in Melanoma Patients: Treatment with Adjuvant Postoperative Whole-Brain Radiotherapy. G B. Fogarty A. Hong Ch 11. In: Part IV Brain Metastases in Melanoma; In: Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors, Ed: MA Hayat, Volume 2, Pgs 123-30, ISBN: 978-0-12-801419-6; posted 2014-12-30. Elsevier publishers.
DVD and Podcast
Interview podcast: Head and Neck Melanoma and Radiotherapy – Prof. G. Fogarty
- Whole Brain Radiotherapy following local treatment of intracranial metastases of melanoma – a randomised phase III trial. G B Fogarty, 08.05 (WBRT): TROG 27th Annual Scientific Meeting, Newcastle, Australia, 24th – 26th March 2015 (Oral presentation)
- HIV & Hepatitis: Effective control and risk minimisation in a dermatological setting. P. Faga. Australian Dermatology Association NSW State Conference October 2014.
- A randomized controlled trial in T1N0 Merkel Cell Carcinoma of either radiotherapy to the primary site or wide local excision following diagnostic biopsy. G. Fogarty. NRP 05.14 ANZMTG ASM 9th Oct 2014 Perth.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery versus Observation for patients with Melanoma brain metastases being started on a BRAF Inhibitor (ROMA study). Gerald Fogarty. NRP 07.14 ANZMTG ASM 9th Oct 2014 Perth.
- A randomised controlled multicentre trial of imiquimod versus radiotherapy for lentigo maligna when staged surgical excision with 5mm margins is not possible, is refused or fails. G. Fogarty ANZMTG 02.12 (RADICAL) 10-11 Oct SKMRC Mtg Perth.
- Retrospective: Defining skin diseases. Kossard S. Division of Dermatolog Technicon University and Hospital September 2014 Haifa, Israel.
- The Importance of Successful Collaborations. Kari Dolven-Jacobsen, Gerald B. Fogarty, Claudius H. Reisse, Elizabeth Paton, Victoria Steel, John F. Thompson Australia and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group (ANZMTG). Presented at Nordic Melanoma Group 2014 4th/5th September in Turku, Finland.
- Lecture Introduction to Radiation Oncology. G. Fogarty. Oncology Nurses SVH 15/8/14
- Acquired perforating collagenosis. R. Minocha, D. Sebaratnam, A. Kurien. Australasian Society of Dermatopathology 35th Annual Meeting. Perth, Australia. August 24, 2014.
- Epidermodysplasia verruciformis with typical clinicopathological findings. R. Minocha, D. Sebaratnam, J. Choi. Australasian Society of Dermatopathology 35th Annual Meeting. Perth, Australia. August 24, 2014.
- The learning curve for stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) service - experience from Genesis Cancer Care at Mater, Sydney. K Clarke, TChen, MA Izard, A Hong, GB Fogarty. Australian Brainlab RT User Group, 30 May - 1 June, 2014 Melbourne, Australia.
- A cost-comparison of Mohs surgery and traditional excision for basal cell carcinoma in Australia. D. Sebaratnam, B. Choy, M Lee et al. Australasian College of Dermatologists’ Annual Scientific Meeting. Melbourne, Australia. May 17, 2014.
- A cost-utility analysis of Mohs surgery versus traditional excision for head and neck basal cell carcinoma: an update. B. Choy, R. Morton, D. Sebaratnam, et al. Australasian College of Dermatologists’ Annual Scientific Meeting. Melbourne, Australia. May 17, 2014.
- Patient Education Strategies in a dermatology surgery setting – what are the challenges? P. Faga. Australian Dermatology Association National Conference May 2014.
- Resuscitation Equipment & Emergency Drugs: Crashing Patient: Where's the black box? P. Faga. Australian Dermatology Association National Conference May 2014.
- Retrospective: Defining skin diseases. Kossard S. North American Clinical Dermatology Society February 2014 Panama City.
- Fractional Laser. Michelle Hunt. The Facts of Light Advanced Symposium 2014.
- Rosacea: Diagnosis and Management. M. Hunt. Inner West GP Symposium 2014.
- Whole Brain Radiotherapy following local treatment of intracranial metastases of melanoma - A randomised phase III trial (WBRTMel) - Progress Update. G. Fogarty. ANZMTG 01.07 10-11 Oct SKMRC Mtg Perth, 2014.
- Orbital Xanthogranuloma and Erdheim Chester Disease – case report and literature review. Moorthy S, Taylor S and Tumuluri K. Accepted as poster for ESOPRS 2014 meeting, Budapest.
- Periorbital nodular fasciitis in Pregnancy – case report and literature review. Skippen B and Tumuluri K. Accepted as poster for ESOPRS 2014 meeting, Budapest.
- Necrotising dacryometaplasia of lacrimal gland – case report and literature review. Skippen B, Gal A and Tumuluri K. Accepted as poster for ESOPRS 2014 meeting Budapest.
- Moorthy S, Allende A and Tumuluri K. Myxoid spindle cell tumour of orbit – rare case and literature review. Accepted as poster for ESOPRS 2014 meeting Budapest.
- Whole Brain Radiotherapy Following Local Treatment of Melanoma Brain Metastases – Interim Analysis. K. DRUMMOND, G. B. Fogarty, A. Hong, K. Dolven-Jacobsen, C. H. Reisse, B. Burmeister, E. Paton, V. Steel, L. Haydu, H. Dhillon, B. Shivalingham, J. Vardy, A. Nowak, G. Hruby, R. Scolyer, C. Mandel, J. F. Thompson. ANZMTG 01.07 WBRTMel: Abstract Submission #7435393 accepted. 2014 Neurosurgical Society of Australasia's Annual Scientific Crown Perth Convention Centre, WA.